Mar 20, 2007
So... you don't have a boyfriend??
So, I don't have a boyfriend? What could possibly be wrong with that?!!

There are about 30 people ,mostly friends and family, who asked me, "So, you don't have a boyfriend?"

Why all of the sudden everyone is freaking out that I do not have one. When in fact, when I have one, they're like "why do you have one?".

I'm loving every single moment that I am a single. I have never been this independent in my life. No men to tell me what to do, to ask permission to or to even bother me with text messages. I have reason not to go out or to stay at home. It's all up to me now. Being single is one of the many beautiful temporary stages in life. I know, a year or two, or maybe a few months after, I'll soon be back in the dating scene. It's just that, it's not my priority right now.

A year ago, I went to a parlor to have my hair done. The hair stylist ask me for whom am I fixing myself for and I said "so that my boyfriend stick it out with me". I looked back at it now and I can only say how pathetic it was of me to have said that... booo!!! Tonight, I'm going to the parlor and have my hair done. If somene asks me that question again, I'll say "for myself, for my happiness' sake". Now, that would be a whole lot better, dba?

I'm happy.. and the road is still very long... still more time.. no rush.. no pressure on the boyfriend matter ... and please, don't ask me again that stupid question.
 
posted by antonette at 11:51 AM ¤ Permalink ¤


11 Comments:


  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown

    yeah, you're right.. we should not rush.. i guess u better read my entry in my blog.. the title is "true love waits" ...hehe.. may makukuha ka dun..hehe

     
  • At 4:41 PM, Blogger Unknown

    yeah, you're right.. we should not rush.. i guess u better read my entry in my blog.. the title is "true love waits" ...hehe.. may makukuha ka dun..hehe

     
  • At 7:23 PM, Blogger Lil'Aly

    boyfriend? who hell yah need that? of course we need a LOVER. haha. :P

    sucks! =/ i dont want to fall inlove again. truly hurts! :(

     
  • At 10:10 PM, Blogger tish

    i agree with you...it depends on what makes you happy and how you do the things that make you happy...it doesn't really matter if you're single or taken basta you're happy ok na yun...as for the people who made it (being single) sound like it's a bad thing well screw them...hehe they should know better and just mind their own business :)

     
  • At 12:32 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    russ: ill read it.. hinahanap ko pa eh.. hihi.. you could've provided me the link..

    lil alyssa: i think i need a foot spa more than a man.. =)

    katriz: have you found what makes you happy?? because i still havent.

     
  • At 9:09 PM, Blogger tish

    why? i thought you said you're happy?
    simple things can make me happy...
    reading a good book...blogging...hanging out with friends...ganun...

     
  • At 1:06 AM, Blogger Reich

    bata ka pa naman eh. tama lang yan. enjoy being single. =)

     
  • At 1:28 AM, Blogger The King

    yeba! cheers to emotionally stable singles! cheers to us!

    Haha! I had to specify 'emotionally stable', hehe, kasi alam mo nman, may mga single na kesyo okay lang naman daw na maging single sila, pero deep inside, alam mo na, hehe.. :)

     
  • At 10:31 AM, Blogger andres

    i'll try to make a review about this.. perhaps this will help me find one hehehe.. seryoso, i'll try to have my first blog review about this post, try lang naman.

     
  • At 11:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous

    what's so special about having a boyfriend anyway? It's so overrated. I don't have one and you don't see me complaining. :P

     
  • At 12:22 AM, Anonymous Anonymous

    Good post.